Monday, October 6, 2008

Last heavy training week done 111 miles -Taper time

Last Saturday night just before 10:00pm I left my house to do my last looong run before New England 200 on October 30th. I was planning to do a fairly hilly run of 30 miles. When I started to run my legs felt exceptionally strong. I thought it must have been the massage I had gotten on Thursday. As I made my way up the hills my legs kept on feeling "topped off" with glycogen and never felt tired. As I approached the 30 mile mark I said to myself this is too good to be true so I kept on going. Halfway into it I reminded myself not to have too much of a good thing especially when the results shows up a day or two later. I stopped at 41 miles and got home just before 7am or almost 9 hours. October 30th can't come soon enough.

Best

Carl

No comments: